Expression



It's a healthy hobby for your enjoyment. Thanks for reading.

Friday, February 4

Overwhelmed by Pro Choice

This semester I'm taking a course called, Medical Moral Theology. And of course, as you might infer we will be debating on controversial health related topics. Topics such as, stem cell research, cloning, health care reform,euthanasia and last but not least: ABORTION.

We were deciding what teams we would be a part of and I really hoped to argue against abortion. However, too many people wanted to be part of that debate team and I wasn't chosen.

The reason why I wanted or still want to be part of that debate team is because one time in my church a PRO LIFE organization/ministry came to talk about their concerns and essentially their take on abortion.
Mind you, before I attended this informative session I was totally for abortion.

I would say things like, "So if I ended up pregnant and I haven't finished school and I'm just not ready to raise a child, I'll just get an abortion...No biggie."

I didn't think it was harmful in anyway. It was simply little spermie and eggy thingies together making some weird chemical things happen, bla not important...GET IT OUT!

However, the speakers that went to my church started talking about it more in depth. Topics like : what are the procedures like, what are the psychological effects that a woman has after an abortion, the health risks of abortion and details about stages of pregnancy that make us understand that from the very beginning of conception a human is being formed and the miracle of life has initiated.

The information was very powerful and meaningful. But it wasn't until they showed videos of each abortion method that I knew I was SO wrong. Seeing tiny humans all bloody and broken killed me. You could already see tiny fingers and a tiny head! But there was one video that showed how doctors insert some sort of apparatus and crush the unborn baby's head in order to get it out of the mother's womb.

I wish I could say I teared, but that isn't enough. I felt so much pain and guilt and confusion, I was crying uncontrollably. My friend who was next to me who knew my initial perspective had to hold me close and console me. I felt sorry that I even considered that to be OK.

It doesn't matter how small in size, a life is huge in value and no one should kill a life for no reason.

Well back to my course dilemma, so regardless that I didn't get into the debate team I came home and started doing some research. I found a link that was PRO CHOICE, meaning for abortion. And my heart sank as I read their ideas about abortion. It seemed to be an outreach for teenagers by the way.

 So they listed reasons why you may consider having an abortion and one of them went something like this, "Having a baby will screw up my life because I haven't finished school and found a career" and "my parents would be disappointed."

I was so deeply overwhelmed by that, how could you possibly say a baby will "screw" me up. That sounds so wrong. But those reasons were nothing, their closing statement got to me even harder.

"Any reason we have for choosing abortion is a good reason. These are our bodies and our lives. No one has the right to force us to have a baby, or to punish us for liking sex."

After I read that statement, I felt embarrassed to be part of humanity. My eyes were opened, I truly perceived how broken and messed up our world is. I am ashamed.

My responses to these ridiculous arguments are
A) If you haven't finished school or found a career: AVOID BECOMING PREGNANT. Birth control and abstinence will do. If you can't handle the consequences of your actions just don't do it!

B) If you're concerned that your parents would be disappointed about you having a child, they're are probably disappointed that you're having sex. Think before you act! And disappointment is part of life, MURDER should not.

C) Having a baby is not a punishment, its the cycle of life. Be smart about sex. Intercourse is the formula to make a child, understand that, let it sink in if it hasn't already.

D) Any reason for murder is not okay. Sure, it is your body but is it really your life? Think about it.

I have refrained myself from responding disrespectfully as I would naturally feeling this angry and disappointed, but its not about pointing a finger and saying you're wrong, its about giving a hand and showing what's right.

My thoughts exclude more difficult and complex situation such a rape or mother's at risk of death. I'm not sure about those. But people having sex and not wanting to deal with their consequences, JUST BECAUSE, is simply not acceptable to my understanding.

Just to mention a few effects on women who have abortions: many seek psychological help afterwards, depression is a big one, women often get hung up on the whole baby idea "My baby would've been born on..." or feel sad when near baby clothing, toys etc.

The PHYSICAL effects are also something important to take in consideration. Many women after having surgical abortions have trouble having children, sometimes their bodies would perform natural abortions and experience other complications in their reproductive system.

So, I'm totally PRO LIFE. And it is sickening to see how people do not value the lives of small people! It's selfish, damaging and it's just NOT our call to decide whether someone has the opportunity to experience human life at its maximum potential!

After feeling so disappointed in HUMANITY and our broken and damaged ways, I am convinced that only GOD can heal and redeem. We are his instruments, we must SPEAK and let ourselves be used by him.

If you would like to see one of the strong videos I have seen regarding this concern go to: http://www.massmediamail.com/durarealidad/



THE IMAGE BELOW MAY BE DISTURBING TO YOU, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU HAVE BAD REACTIONS TO HEART BREAKING IMAGES.












She decided that "it" would "screw" up her life, so look at what she did.



"I've noticed that everyone who is for ABORTION has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan


All images on this blog have been googled, I do not own them.

No comments:

Post a Comment